RISE-SD 2023 is a conference that will take place on 29/5-31/5/2023, on the island of Rhodes (Gr). The event is organized jointly by CERTH (GR), BDI (BG), and Satways Ltd (GR) in cooperation with several European R&D projects of Horizon (2020 & E.U.), EDF, and ISF.
The “Research and Innovation Symposium for European SECURITY and Defense” is an international EU Research and Innovation event in the field of Disaster and crisis management, Critical Infrastructure protection, Border security and Defence Research.”
The audience shall include high-level representatives of the E.U., governmental representatives, researchers, industry, practitioners, and European security and defense stakeholders. Furthermore, the organizational plan foresees the publication of peer-reviewed papers related to the presentations that will be made in the sessions of RISE-SD 2023 in the Springer Book Series “Security Informatics and Law Enforcement.” In addition, the exhibition of technological solutions and live, open-air demonstrations of relevant projects and their respective outcomes are planned.
The main topics of the RISE-SD 2023 include:
- Civil Protection and Disaster-Resilient Societies
- Critical Infrastructures Resilience and Smart Cities
- Better protect the E.U. and its citizens against Crime and Terrorism
- Protection of Public Spaces
- Effective management of E.U. external borders
- Enhancing defense of the E.U.
- Increased Cybersecurity
- Strengthened Security Research and Innovation